Maplewood Park Recreation Club Rules
It is vitally important that all individuals who use the pool and grounds at Maplewood Pool read, understand and adhere to our rules. With Daily Passes being available again for 2021, it is expected that all guests treat our club with the utmost respect and follow all rules. For our members who have accompanying guests, please make sure that rules are understood.
We want our members and our guests to have an enjoyable, SAFE and family friendly day at Maplewood. This requires everyone’s cooperation. Failing to adhere to the rules could result in being asked to leave the property with no refunds.
- Insubordination of lifeguards’ requests will not be tolerated by any member or guest, regardless of age at Maplewood Park Recreation Club.
- Maplewood Pool requires adult supervision of children less than 14 years of age.
- A membership must be purchased for a child who turns 3 by Opening Day. Children under 3 are free.
- No running, shoving or pushing anyone in the Maplewood Pool area will be tolerated.
- Talking with guards when on duty is prohibited, including the desk area while they are working.
- No boisterous or rough play, no towel snapping, wrestling moves or profane language will be permitted at Maplewood Pool.
- No inflated water wings or similar articles will be permitted in the main pool (can be used in baby pool). Coast Guard approved life jackets, puddle jumpers, and noodles are permitted.
- Squirt guns are prohibited unless approved by a lifeguard. Small inflated “beach balls” and “splash balls” will be allowed with life guard approval. No tennis balls or baseballs are allowed. On crowded days use of any inflated “beach balls,” “splash balls” and small squirt guns balls may be limited by lifeguards.
- Be Considerate – do not excessively splash or dunk anyone. Be careful when diving jumping or sliding. Be sure there are no persons in your path. No head or neck dunking.
- Swimming/diving and use of slides in the deep area of the pool will alternate hours of use (one-hour slide time, next hour swim/dive time, etc.)
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool or in the Baby Pool.
- No Pets are permitted in the pool area.
- The Club accepts no responsibility for items left on the premises.
- Persons with severe colds, cuts, sores, etc. will not be permitted in the pool. Any person becoming ill in or around the pool will be asked to leave Maplewood Pool.
- All bandages must be removed before entering the pool.
- Members and their guests are responsible for cleaning up their area, including disposal of trash. The last member in the small pool area is expected to pick up the toys.
- No glass containers of any kinds will be permitted in the pool area.
- Parents are responsible for overseeing their children if they are using the clubhouse/pavilion. Those parents using the clubhouse/pavilion are expected to clean up all trash or be subjected to loss of deposit.
- Pool hours are established by the Board of Trustees. The closing hour will be extended if the weather and number of swimmers justifies, subject to approval by Board Member.
- Maplewood Pool will be open when the temperature is 70 degrees or above. Call (330)678-9811 for the temperature.
- Maplewood Pool will be closed each ¾ hour for a 15-minute safety break. Adult and non-walking children ONLY may swim during this time in the main pool.
- No cut-offs are permitted in the water at Maplewood Pool. All bathers must wear bathing suits, including guests.
- Infants must wear swim diapers and a bathing suit at all times. Disposable and cloth diapers are not permitted.
- Children less than 3’6” in height will not be permitted in the Maplewood Pool unless accompanied by an adult.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Swimmers wishing to use the tube slides must be able to swim one length of pool and tread water for 1 minute. Guards have authority to request a swimmer to prove their swimming ability.
- No swimming goggles are permitted to be worn when using any of the pool slides.
- Swimmers using open teal slide must be able to swim the width of the pool or be tall enough to walk the width of the pool at 4’9” end. It is recommended that swimmers be 5 feet tall or less to use open pink slide.
- Swimmers above the age of 7 may not use the baby pool except to provide child assistance. Only children 6 and under are permitted in the baby pool. The play area adjacent to the baby pool is also for children 6 and under.
- Guests of Maplewood Pool must be accompanied by a member at all times. Guests must leave the pool property when the member leaves. All members and guests are responsible to comply by the rules of Maplewood Pool Including the swim tests.
- Persons must wait at the bottom of the ladder of the slides until the person preceding them has finished sliding.
- If thunder and lightning occur, a thirty (30) minute break is called. The break will continue with each occurrence of thunder and/or lightning for additional thirty (30) minutes. If a thunderstorm warning is present, members will be notified, and unattended children will be advised to leave. If a Tornado Warning is present members will be asked to take shelter or leave facility if time allows. The pool may close if the weather situation warrants, at Board of Trustees discretion. Maplewood Pool MAY re-open later in the day weather permitting.
- NO SMOKING OR CHEWING TOBACCO IS ALLOWED WITHIN THE FENCED IN AREAS OF MAPLEWOOD POOL. (INCLUDES CIGARETTES, E-CIGS, CIGARS, ILLEGAL DRUGS, VAPING, ETC.)
AUTHORITY FOR THE SAFETY AND PROPER OPERATION OF THE POOL AND ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES IS VESTED IN THE STAFF OF MAPLEWOOD POOL AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES. ANY PERSON INTERFERING WITH OR JEOPARDIZING THE SAFETY OF OTHERS MAY HAVE THEIR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED OR REVOKED. DAILY PASS USERS OR MEMBER GUESTS MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY AND IF WARRANTED, NOT ALLOWED TO RETURN.
If you have specific questions about Maplewood’s Pool Rules please contact us at email@example.com.